« Home | More Thoughts » | Conceptualizing »

Even More Thoughts

Not even really awake yet, but I've been pondering a rating system for the newsletter reviews. One idea that popped into my head last night (and I'm not awake enough to know if it's any good) is a theme-based rating. And if you know me, you know what theme I'm talking about: Narnia.

I'm not sure if it's too corny or dealing with copyright issues. One nice thing, the books are well-known. And they're Christian novels, which goes with the purpose of the newsletter.

I was thinking of going primarily with place names. A book with the rating of "The Stone Table" will be poignant. "The Beavers' House" will be a bit rough around the edges, down to earth, and good-hearted. "Cair Paravel" will have a sparkling beauty. More to come.